Tele-therapy / Technology Assisted Counseling
Teletherapy services available to people located throughout Connecticut and Ohio.
Teletherapy: Effective therapy with flexiblity
Are you looking for a great therapist with the flexibility of meeting remotely through video teleconference or phone sessions? We offer teletherapy (also known as Technology Assisted Counseling or tele-Mental Health) to anyone residing within the states of Connecticut and Ohio. We have found that teletherapy sessions can be as powerful and effective as in-person sessions, and provide tremendous flexibility for those who are unable to have in-person sessions due to remote location, childcare requirements, inability to drive, inclement weather, or preference.
Advantages of teletherapy:
- Access to quality care despite location or mobility restrictions
- Effective therapy, as if you were in the same room
- Ability to work with a therapist who offers the expertise and modalities you want even if you're not close by
- Live in a small town where everyone knows you or a remote area with few therapists? Teletherapy solves those problems
Disadvantages of teletehrapy:
- Technology disruptions can occur, though we use high quality services to minimize issues
- While we offer HIPAA compliant technology to safeguard your privacy in the digital realm, it is up to you to ensure that you are in a private place when you are engaging in a teletherapy session.
- Teletherapy is not right for everyone, and that includes those that pose an immediate risk to themselves or others. An initial assessment will be done to make sure that teletherapy is right for you.
- Some treatment modalities, such as Sand Tray therapy, must be done in-office due to the setup and supplies required.
How does teletherapy work at whole psychotherapy?
Get the help you need at a location that is convenient to you by attending your therapy sessions through an easy-to-use HIPAA-compliant video conference service (doxy.me) or by phone. These web-based services are designed specifically for telemedicine uses, and don't require that you download software or have any special technical knowledge. You will be able to easily schedule, connect for your session, and pay remotely.
Why do we only offer teletherapy in Connecticut and Ohio?
Teletherapy is psychotherapy, and it requires the therapist to be fully licensed in the state in which the therapy is delivered. We currently have a therapist licensed in the states of Connecticut and Ohio, and for that reason we are only able to serve clients who reside within those jurisdictions.